CARAVAGGIO PILGRIMAGE Program
Pilgrimage" will consist of museum and church site visits, augmented by a
series of SmArt Talks.
The program will be
designed to provide the depth and breadth of information expected
by confirmed art-aficionados while, at the same time,
remaining accessible to relative art “newbies”. lks
Context: Caravaggio’s Life and Times
- Who Was Caravaggio? - The man / The artist (1571-1610)
- The world he lived in - The social, political, and
religious realities of the times
- What made Caravaggio's art different? – An art
historical perspective (with slides)
of Caravaggio’s work (with slides)
- Overview of his stylistic development
- In-depth discussion about individual paintings
- Caravaggio Exhibition at Scuderie del
- Sta Maria del Popolo
- San Luigi dei Francesi
- Sant’ Agostino
- Additional gallery visits possible
This is not a "bobbing-umbrella, don't-miss-the-bus"
It's a small-group experience designed
for independent travelers.
Aside from the schedule of SmArt Talks and site visits,
your time will be your own -- and that's why
the cost of the "pilgrimage" is only $600 -- just
$200 per day.
Dinner is included each day.
Hotel & Transportation are NOT included.
Smart Art Audio Guides for four Rome sites!
For more information, please email me at MJM@JanesSmartArt.com